Last Updated: June 17, 2019
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
a. Information You Provide To Us
Personal Information. We may ask you to provide us with certain categories of information such as personal information, which is information that could reasonably be used to identify you personally, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, and mobile number (“Personal Information”). We may collect this information through various forms and in various places through the Services, including account registration, when you make a purchase, or when you otherwise interact with us or other users. When you sign up to use the Services, you create a user profile that may require you to provide your: name, phone number(s), email address, password, zip code, credit card or corporate purchase card number, expiration date & security code or information regarding your PayPal, Google Wallet or other payment method that we accept. We use a third-party payment processor to handle all payments made through the Services. Additionally, if you use the Services as a Seller, we collect the following information: the name of your business, inventory information, bank account information so that our payment processor can distribute payments, and any additional information you provide in your Seller application.
b. Information We Collect Automatically When You Access or Use the Services
In addition to any Personal Information or other information that you choose to submit to us, we and our third-party service providers may use a variety of technologies that automatically collect certain information whenever you visit or interact with the Services (“Usage Information”). This Usage Information may include the browser that you are using, the URL that referred you to our Services, all of the areas within our Services that you visit, and the time of day, among other information. We may use Usage Information for a variety of purposes, including to enhance or otherwise improve the Services. In addition, we collect your IP address or other unique identifier, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information (“Device Identifier”) for your computer, mobile or other device used to access the Services (any, a “Device”). A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device used to access the Services, and we identify your Device by its Device Identifier. Usage Information may be non-identifying or may be associated with you. Whenever we associate Usage Information or a Device Identifier with your Personal Information, we will treat it as Personal Information.
A few of the methods that may be used to collect Usage Information include, without limitation, the following (and subsequent technology and methods hereafter developed):
Cookies. A cookie is a data file placed on a Device when it is used to access the Services. A Flash cookie is a data file placed on a Device via the Adobe Flash plug-in that may be built-in to or downloaded by you to your Device. Cookies and Flash Cookies may be used for many purposes, including, without limitation, remembering you and your preferences and tracking your visits to our web pages. Cookies work by assigning a number to the user that has no meaning outside of the assigning website.
Web Beacons. Small graphic images or other web programming code called web beacons (also known as “1x1 GIFs” or “clear GIFs”) may be included in our web and mobile pages and messages. The web beacons are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored in a user’s computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. Web beacons or similar technologies help us better manage content on our Services by informing us what content is effective, count users of the Services, monitor how users navigate the Services, count how many e-mails that we send were actually opened or to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed.
Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Services, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your Device from our web server or a third-party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the Services, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
c. Information Third Parties Provide About You
We may, from time to time, supplement the information we collect about you through the Services with outside records from third parties in order to enhance our ability to serve you, to tailor our content to you and to offer you incentives, and opportunities to purchase products or services that we believe may be of interest to you.
2. HOW WE USE COLLECTED INFORMATION
Based upon the Personal Information you provide us when registering for an account, we will send you a welcoming email to verify your username and password. We will also communicate with you in response to your inquiries, to provide the services you request, and to manage your account. We will communicate with you by email, telephone, or SMS or text message, in accordance with your account settings.
- We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve our Services, such as to administer your account and deliver the products and services you request and customize your experience with us. We may also use the information we collect to: Provide you with information and services, and to process transactions that you have requested or agreed to receive, including to send you electronic newsletters, related information, including confirmations and invoices, and to provide you with special offers or promotional materials on behalf of us or third parties;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages and to respond to your comments, questions and customer service requests;
- Maintain and improve the Services, to customize your experience with the Services, and to serve you specific content that we think is most relevant to you;
- Personalize and improve the Services and to provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Communicate with you regarding your use of the Services, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Company and others, and to provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and to protect the rights and property of Company and others;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and to provide you with better service; and
Please note that information submitted to the Services via a “contact us” or other similar function may not receive a response.
3. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- When you sign up for and participate in the interactive areas of our Services, certain information about you may be shared with other users or displayed publicly;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Company or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Company and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
4. PUBLICLY DISCLOSED INFORMATION
The Services may offer publicly accessible blogs or community forums or other ways to permit you to make Submissions. We or others may reproduce, publish, distribute or otherwise use Submissions online or offline in any media or format (currently existing or hereafter developed). Others may have access to Submissions and may have the ability to share it with third parties across the Internet. You should be aware that any Submissions you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and use by others who access them. Thus, please think carefully before deciding what information you share, including Personal Information, in connection with your Submissions. Please note that Company does not control who will have access to the information that you choose to make public, and cannot ensure that parties who have access to such publicly available information will respect your privacy or keep it secure.
To request removal of your Submission from our Services, you may do so in your user account settings or you may contact us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Submissions, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
5. THIRD-PARTY CONTENT AND LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
The Services may contain content that is supplied by a third party, and those third parties may collect web site usage information and your Device Identifier when web pages from any online Services are served to your browser. In addition, when you are using the Services, you may be directed to other sites or applications that are operated and controlled by third parties that we do not control. We are not responsible for the privacy practices employed by any of these third parties. These other web sites may send their own cookies to you, independently collect data or solicit Personal Information and may or may not have their own published privacy policies. We encourage you to note when you leave our Services and to read the privacy statements of all third-party web sites or applications before submitting any Personal Information to third parties.
6. SOCIAL MEDIA FEATURES
7. CHANGING MY INFORMATION AND CANCELING MY ACCOUNT
You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information provided as part of account registration and any Submissions. If your Personal Information changes, or if you no longer desire our Services, you may correct, delete inaccuracies, or amend information by making the change on our member information page or by contacting us through our support page. We will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in our then active databases as soon as reasonably practicable.
You may also cancel or modify your communications that you have elected to receive from the Services by following the instructions contained within an e-mail or by logging into your user account and changing your communication preferences.
If you wish to delete your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
8. SECURITY INFORMATION
We take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. however, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, Company cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or any information provided online, and you do so at your own risk. Users must accept all risks associated with any data transmission, including the risk that their Personal Information may be intercepted in transit. Due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to the Company, and you do so at your own risk. We recommend that you not disclose your account credentials to anyone.
Your California Privacy Rights. California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us at 516 E College St, Florence, AL 35630, email@example.com, or 844-812-6626.
Regarding Customers in the European Economic Area. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you may not access or otherwise use the Services or provide Company with any Personal Information or cause Company to receive any Personal Information of any EEA resident.
11. CONTACT US